Summary 2017 Catalonian Biomass Awards
On 23 February 2017 in the framework of the Biomass Regional Fair of Catalonia held in Vic (Barcelona), carried out the cerimony of the first Awards 2017 Biomass Catalonia.
The ceremony was held in the auditorium of the building “Sucre” and there were the presence of the General Director of Forests, Montse Barniol and the President of the Biomass Cluster of Catalonia, Joan Fornieles.
The award was designed by Joachim Englert (Social Forest), which occupies entity groups at risk of exclusion and highlighting the added value of its activities.
The winners in the different categories were:
– Best Public Project: Girona Provincial BeEnerGi for the project, advising municipalities on investments in sustainable energy and biomass heating networks in micro ESCO contracts. (Http://beenergi.ddgi.cat/)
– Best Project Communication: The Association Leader Ripollés Ges Bisaura for the project ENFOCC (Climate Change and Energy Forest) based on their axes in the revitalization planning, energy management, energy efficiency and biomass. (Http://www.ripollesgesbisaura.org/qui-gestiona/1910-2/energia-forest-i-canvi-climatic-enfocc/)
– Best Project for Entrepreneurship and Employment: Company Imartec Energy Module Energy Heat Room for the project, the central heat production and decorative modular concept that integrates these modules within the architecture of the building with minimal impact. (Http://bit.ly/2jKaqCL)
– Best Research Project: Autonomous University of Barcelona for the project torrefied wood pellets , the result of a collaboration agreement with Public Administration on technology transfer and value-added forest products.
– Best Final Project Msc: The student David Aguilà, Msc in Forest Engineering from the University of Lleida for the project titled feasibility study for the installation of a district heating in the town of Fígols and Alinyà (Alt Urgell). A project involving the installation (district heating), biofuel sourced locally and from a forest management program with groups at risk of exclusion.
– Special Mention: The jury decided that in the previous category, they had to award with special mention the student Marc Palom from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia for the final project of Msc in Energy Engineering titled Implementation of solar thermal and biomass for ACS heating and a nursing home.
It should be mentioned that two categories were largely deserted as the jury decided that the submitted projects did not give enough value or not meet the requirements of the rules. These categories were Best Private Project Management and Best Sustainable Agro-Forestry.